Nomad Points are a unique feature of the Nomad app that reward users for their loyalty!
First, you can gain Nomad Points in one of two ways:
- You earn points with every purchase of a Nomad data plan (these are also called "Loyalty Points" - anyone can earn Loyalty Points)
- You refer a friend to Nomad (these are also called "Referral Points" but they are fungible with Loyalty Points, and the redemption rate is the same). For more on Referral points, please refer to the help article: Referral Points Help
This article is about Loyalty Points (#1). Now, here's how Loyalty Points work!
- You earn 25 points for every $5 (for example, if you bought a $12 data plan, you automatically earn 50 points at checkout)
- You can redeem points at a rate of $1 USD = 100 points. Simply tick "Use Nomad Points" at the checkout page (note: you will still be required to provide a valid payment method such as a credit card, even if you can redeem 100% of the plan's value. You will only be charged for the amount that is not paid by points, and you will be charged $0 if you redeemed 100%)
- Points expire after 6 months
That's it! Here are a few more frequently asked questions, if you're curious:
- Nomad Points are not transferrable between user accounts
- If you used Points to purchase a plan and later require a refund of that plan, your Points will be refunded on a case-by-case basis (please ask customer support if in doubt)
- Nomad Points (Loyalty Points) can be redeemed on both the iOS and Android apps, as well as our webstore. Make sure you update to the latest version of the app.
If you have further questions, please contact customer support.