There could be three areas that the eSIM installation and activation is not functioning as expected:
- You’re having issues with eSIM installation in the Cellular Settings of your iOS device
- You’re having issues with eSIM activation within the Nomad app
- You’ve successfully installed and activated the eSIM, but you’re not receiving any connectivity
While troubleshooting, please do NOT delete your eSIM if it has already been installed, as it will no longer be valid after deletion. If you’re facing issues, please check the following scenarios:
Trouble with eSIM installation in the Cellular Settings
- If the error message says ‘Cellular plans from this Carrier cannot be added’, this message implies that you have a locked phone and you’re not allowed to add other carriers into your eSIM settings. You will NOT be able to use our services with a locked phone, so please reach out to customer support.
- If the error message says ‘Unable to Complete Cellular Change’, this implies that there is no eSIM available to download with the manual input. Please verify your manual entries and you should use the copy function on our app or website to ensure that the entries are correct. If the problem persists, please contact customer support to resolve the issue.
Trouble with Nomad App
- For Truphone plans, you need to properly install your eSIM for you to activate the data plan within the app and would require an internet connection to activate the plan.
- If you’re seeing error messages when you click the "Activate Data Now" button, there might be some technical issues with the eSIM that was provisioned. Please obtain a screenshot of the error message and contact customer support to resolve the issue.
Not receiving connectivity after successful installation and activation
- If you’ve successfully installed and activated the plan, your eSIM status within the My eSIM section of the Nomad app should be ‘In Use’
- It may take up to 10-15 minutes for the eSIM to find connectivity after the plan has been activated for use. If it’s not receiving connectivity, the following are a few things to check on your own before contacting customer support:
- Make sure you’ve turned on the eSIM line in your Cellular Settings and made it the default setting for Cellular Data
- Check to make sure that roaming is turned on. Go to Settings → Cellular. Select your eSIM profile and ensure that “Data Roaming” is switched ON.
- You should turn on airplane mode for 30 seconds and turn it off to reset your connectivity settings
- If none of these works, try turning your phone off and restarting
- If you verified all these points, but your plan is still not working, there may be technical issues with the eSIM or with the vendor, so please contact customer support to resolve it.
When you reach out to customer support, please provide screenshots or recordings of the error you may be having, so we can help diagnose the issue and help you resolve it.
For instructions on contacting us, see our help article.
Check out our website: getnomad.app